This page has moved to a new address.

More Back to School, and a Free Printable

Scattered Squirrel: More Back to School, and a Free Printable

August 15, 2012

More Back to School, and a Free Printable

I feel as though there is so much to do and so little time, and there really aren't enough hours in a day.  My life also seems to be full of cliches lately too!  It really is getting hectic.  I had all sorts of things on my to do list that I haven't gotten to yet.  Things I wanted done before the boys start school, that may just have to wait until after, because tomorrow we begin the move.  There is so much to share about this; challenges that we're facing that I didn't exactly forsee when we started this journey, memories that will last a life time, insights into how to make the best of the situations life throws you into.... so much and more it seems.

For now though, it's getting rather late, and tomorrow is the first of some very long days to come.  I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to get back on and blog.  Everything hinges on how long it takes us to get a little settled into our new home.  On top of packing, loading, traveling, unloading, unpacking, and settling in, there is still the matter of getting the boys all ready for school.  I'm trying to be very mindful about events outside the move.  I don't want it to take away from mile stones and special days.  Liam is starting school for the very first time!  How exciting is that?!?!  Our teen is entering his last year of middle school, equally exciting in my mind!  And his birthday is at the beginning of September.  I want these special moments to shine in their own light, not be overshadowed by moving and getting set up.

To help me stay on track, and make sure I don't forget anything, even the simplest thing like, First Day of School pictures, I created a check list.  This way I can stay on top of everything without having to worry about it.  As I was writing it up, I got to thinking about how nice it will be to have the list already done up for future years.  While I'm sure every summer won't be quite as hectic as this one, it's nice to have a list of what you need to do in the month or so leading up to the start of the new school year.  AND that got me thinking that perhaps, some of you might like a copy of your own.  So, I took my handwritten list and turned it into a printable to share with all of you.  (I took pity on your eyesight, and typed it up, no having to try to decipher my handwriting)  Here she is, in all her simplicity!

free home management printable

Just a simple checklist, with some pretty generic to-do's on it.  Things that would translate year after year.  As with all my other printables here on the blog, just click the link in the caption to download.  If you have any problems downloading the file, please send me an email, the address is on the right side bar.  I will gladly send you a copy.  

I hope you find this helpful in the next few weeks.  For now I'm signing off, but I will be back as soon as I can.  I'm super excited to share some pictures of our new home.  It's been a long 4 months, and I can hardly believe that the end is FINALLY in sight!  I hope you all enjoy the rest of your summer!

Do you find it easier to plan for things with a checklist?  Do you have any special back to school preparations or traditions?  I'd love to hear about them!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me!

<< Home