This page has moved to a new address.

Operation Move! Full Stream Ahead!!

Scattered Squirrel: Operation Move! Full Stream Ahead!!

August 10, 2012

Operation Move! Full Stream Ahead!!

I disappeared again!  I know, I know, I know, but we set ourselves a very strict deadline for Operation Move, and I'm here with an update!  Remember waaaaay back when, when I first posted this?  Well guess what .....

I cannot believe it is finally happening.... it feels like forever since we first started this journey.  (almost 4 months now!)  And this time, when I say moving, I mean we're actually doing the move!  The truck is booked, the papers and all that other fun stuff are signed and taken care of, and our new home is awaiting us.  How did we get to this point?  Well, earlier this week Travis and I took the boys on day trip to our new home town.  (This planner was a total life saver) After weeks of virtual house hunting, we had our list narrowed down and we were ready to start actually looking at the homes.  Ummm... you know what they say about the best laid plans right?  Well, we got into town, and phoned all the people who had said to call when got to town to set up viewing times.... NO-ONE called us back.  Seriously, no joke here, we drove all the way there, and no-one we had previously spoken too was available, and not one of them returned our calls.  Part of the problem is that the rental market moves pretty quick down there, but still a call to say they'd already rented it would have been nice.

While killing time, waiting for the call backs that never came, we decided to drive by some of the houses and get a feel for the neighbourhoods.  The last place we drove by was on a nice quiet cul-da-sac, great family friendly neighborhood, good schools close by within walking distance.... it was great.  It was almost 4 pm at this point, and still no call backs.  As we drove by this last house, 4 doors down I noticed a "for rent" sign on the lawn.  We took a chance, gave the number a call, they met us at the house later that evening, and as quick as that we had ourselves a home!  All that work, stress, endless hours on the internet searching the rental ads, endless calls to landlords, property management companies, and in the end, it was one simple little sign that we wouldn't have seen if we hadn't had time to kill.  Isn't it strange how life works out some times?

The house itself is perfect for us.  A little on the older side, but a nice sized yard.  Enough room to spread out, and find quiet time, but still small enough that I'm not spending a ton of time keeping it clean.  I will most definitely be posting some pics after we get this move done.

When is this happening?  Well, next week!  As I mentioned above, we've got the trucked booked, time off arranged, and next weekend we'll be unpacking and setting up our new home!  I am so excited about this. No more living in separate towns, no more long commutes for Travis, the boys will have some time to get settled and familiarize themselves with the new neighborhood before school starts.  We'll have time to get them registered for school, and I should have time to get some of our systems of organization back up and running.  Oh, I can't wait for that part either!  I'm eager to organize and play around with our new set up.  It's going to be a busy few weeks, but I really can't wait.

So, please forgive me if I'm not around again!  I haven't forgotten this little ole blog of mine, I've just been a little busy with life.  I have a few more days of down time before the move begins in earnest, and I'm hoping to take that time to get a little more prepared for the upcoming school year.  So, stay tuned for a couple more printables popping up on here between now and Wednesday!

Anyone else ever have things work out in the most unexpected of ways?  Anyone ever had their "plans" back fire on them?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It means so much to me!

<< Home